5 Tips for maintaining your air filter to keep your engine safe
Maintaining your air filter is critical if you want your vehicle’s engine to perform at it’s his best. Many automobile owners complain about it difficult starting and power loss, which is mostly due to an air filter issue. The air filtration system in your car cleans the outside air that enters the vehicle before it is burnt with the engine’s fuel. Your engine will be harmed if the air entering the car from the outside is dirty. Here are some Rolan suggestions for keeping the filter system in good working order:
- Check your air filter frequently: Unlike in the summer, the air filter in your car is prone to be clogged with dirt and salt. If your air filter becomes clogged, it will impact your engine’s ability to operate at the proper temperature. If you have a light car, an air filter replacement may be an option for your car. This will increase the performance of your car by around 10%.
- Replace air filter: Under normal circumstances, such as driving on clear roads in moderate temperatures, it is advised that you replace your air filter every 12,000 miles. If you live in a hot climate or on terrible roads, you may need to change the air filter sooner as possible as the recommended 12,000 miles. This is due to the possibility that the filter may get clogged sooner rather than later. A cursory examination may readily identify this. You may use disposable air filters if you need to change them often. If you only drive your car sporadically or for short distances, the filter system may only need to be substituted every two to three years.
- Clean the air filter: If your air filter isn’t too bad with salt and particles, you can clean it yourself. To remove all of the grime, clean each element with a cleaning solution and then wash it with warm soapy water. You must ensure that no solvent is left on any portion of the filter when cleaning the car. Also, avoid wringing out the filter since this might cause it to shatter. Check for rips, tears, and cracks as well. If there is any damage to the filter, it must be replaced.
- Oil elements: Oiling the air filter element is critical for the smooth operation of the air filter system; nevertheless, it is recommended that you wait until the elements are completely dry before oiling them. When moisture is trapped in the foam, it rots the filter. It’s also worth noting that the cleaning solution must be totally eliminated, and the filter must be completely dry.
- Check gas stations: Try to fill up your tank at a station that offers gasoline filters. Before it enters your tank, these gasoline filters filter the fuel one more time. The filtering procedure prevents excessive debris and dirt from entering the air filter, preventing premature degradation of the air filter system.